The recipe for these breakfast egg muffins was inspired by my bestie. She makes a bunch of these up at the beginning of the week and has breakfast ready for the rest of the week.
Full disclosure – this recipe doesn’t have any beef in it. 😱
It could. But it doesn’t.
It does, however, have Tom’s Steak Rub in it. So, that totally counts and qualifies it to be here on my beef blog. Plus, you could totes substitute a half cup of cooked and crumble ground beef in for the mushrooms. So, there’s that.
The best thing about this recipe is that beef isn’t the only substitution you can make. Feel free to sub in your favorite veggies!
Don’t forget the rules of food safety! Here is the short list:
- Always wash your hands before and after handling raw meat.
- Never thaw meat on the counter – instead thaw in the refrigerator, microwave or cool water bath.
- Always wash cutting boards and plates after having been in contact with raw meat.
- Always cook to appropriate internal temperatures. Safe internal temperatures vary based on cut. Ground beef must reach a safe and savory 160 degrees, while steak is safe at 145 degrees.
Breakfast Egg Muffins with Tom’s Steak Rub
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
An easy make-ahead breakfast that’s as versatile as it is delicious.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Tom’s Steak Rub
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers (I like red and yellow)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I like colby jack)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Chopped green onion
- Additional shredded cheese
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease six spaces in a muffin pan and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the milk and steak rub and whisk it all together. Stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared muffin spaces. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Take the pan out of the oven and remove the egg muffins from the pan. Add your favorite toppings. And enjoy!
- These muffins won’t stay fluffy and pretty like other muffins. So, don’t feel bad when they fall. It’s part of the process.