Listen to What Is Good Movement? on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Welcome to the first episode of Good Movement Draws Good Movement! I’m so excited to have this podcast out into the world and to have you listening in today. Thank you for being here!
Today I’m sharing what exactly good movement means and my story of taking this concept from not just cattle, but applying it to human interactions as well. What if we could all move forward in good movement? Reduce meaningless stress, improve our health, and effectively and effortlessly communicate with others.
The principle is simple, but not easy. You can’t force good movement. So that’s what this podcast is for; to learn how we can all draw good movement in our relationships, interactions, and lives and make the world a better place.
In this episode, What Is Good Movement?, we cover:
- Explanation of the concept of “good movement” in stockmanship
- The application of good movement in human relationships and communication
- The importance of understanding behavior and effective communication to foster positive interactions with others
- How kindness and constructive conversation makes MORE kindness and constructive conversation happen
- The goal of growing relationally through awareness, understanding, and handling conflict in a positive way
Resources & Links:
- Learn more about T’s coaching, group trainings, and self-guided learning
- Shop FFB
- Good Movement music by: Aaron Espe
- Podcast produced by: Jill Carr Podcasting
Connect with Terryn:
- Follow on Instagram @terryn.drieling
- Check out my website
- Send me an email at email@example.com
More about the Good Movement Draws Good Movement podcast:
In stockmanship (the art and science of handling cattle in a safe, effective, low-stress manner), we have this phrase . . . good movement draws good movement.
It’s this thing that happens when we ask a small group of cattle, maybe a cow, or a pair to move out in a certain direction and their movement draws the whole herd into moving in the same direction.
Good movement happens when we approach the cattle with a positive attitude, read and really listen to what they’re telling us, and communicate accordingly.
We don’t approach the aware, flighty cattle the same as we do the tame, docile cattle. We adjust ourselves, our energy, and approach, and communicate with each differently.
These adjustments help us effectively draw good movement from each, which then draws good movement from the herd. But it starts with us.
The same is true for humans. Good movement starts with us.
Welcome to Good Movement Draws Good Movement, the podcast where farmers, ranchers, and rural folks can grow relationally through awareness, understanding, and effective communication.
Hey, it’s me – T. I’m your host, and I, along with my guests, will be covering topics related to drawing good movement – things like self and social awareness, brain science, positive psychology, extending grace, and so much more.
We’ll share tools that can help you understand why you are the way you are, why others are the way they are, and how you can use that to step out of self-told lies with grace and compassion to draw good movement in conversations, relationships, and life in rural America.
Tune in every Tuesday and make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode! Let’s go draw good movement!
Make sure to hit subscribe/follow so you never miss an episode!