Listen to It Starts with Self-Awareness on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
I’ve been sharing about good movement on social media for a while now and one of the most common questions I get is: “How do I learn good movement?” It’s a good question and it’s also a hard question to answer because there isn’t a step-by-step guide to good movement. In today’s episode, I’m going to share one of the pieces to learning good movement and that is self-awareness.
In this episode, It Starts with Self-Awareness, we cover:
- Self-awareness needs to come first because it directly affects how others react to us
- Learning yourself, your tendencies, and being aware of how those impact those around you
- How it can feel easier and harmless to live blissfully unaware, but ultimately is hurting ourselves and those closest to us
- Tools to expedite self-awareness such as observation and the Enneagram
Resources & Links:
- Learn more about T’s coaching, group trainings, and self-guided learning
- Shop FFB
- Good Movement music by: Aaron Espe
- Podcast produced by: Jill Carr Podcasting
Connect with Terryn:
- Follow on Instagram @terryn.drieling
- Check out my website
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the Good Movement Draws Good Movement podcast:
In stockmanship (the art and science of handling cattle in a safe, effective, low-stress manner), we have this phrase . . . good movement draws good movement.
It’s this thing that happens when we ask a small group of cattle, maybe a cow, or a pair to move out in a certain direction and their movement draws the whole herd into moving in the same direction.
Good movement happens when we approach the cattle with a positive attitude, read and really listen to what they’re telling us, and communicate accordingly.
We don’t approach the aware, flighty cattle the same as we do the tame, docile cattle. We adjust ourselves, our energy, and approach, and communicate with each differently.
These adjustments help us effectively draw good movement from each, which then draws good movement from the herd. But it starts with us.
The same is true for humans. Good movement starts with us.
Welcome to Good Movement Draws Good Movement, the podcast where farmers, ranchers, and rural folks can grow relationally through awareness, understanding, and effective communication.
Hey, it’s me – T. I’m your host, and I, along with my guests, will be covering topics related to drawing good movement – things like self and social awareness, brain science, positive psychology, extending grace, and so much more.
We’ll share tools that can help you understand why you are the way you are, why others are the way they are, and how you can use that to step out of self-told lies with grace and compassion to draw good movement in conversations, relationships, and life in rural America.
Tune in every Tuesday and make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode! Let’s go draw good movement!
Make sure to hit subscribe/follow so you never miss an episode!