I have this vriend (virtual friend), Ashli. Ashli writes this fabulous blog, Baby on the Brehm. She also writes for Her View From Home, which is where I first became acquainted with her. And I love her. She is hilarious, honest, inspiring, and has quickly become one of my role models.
Anyway, last week my vriend Ashli invited me to take part in answering these fifty nifty questions. I quickly accepted the invitation because the questions are pretty much the definition of random. And let’s face it, if I am anything I am random.
So, without further ado here are fifty nifty things you may, or may not, know about me.
- Are you a morning or night person? I used to be a morning person until daylight savings time…
- Do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Definitely salty. I am a real sucker for Lays Kettle Cooked Jalapeno chips dipped in sour cream. They are not safe if they are in my house. I will eat the whole bag in one sitting…
- Ninjas or pirates? Ninjas.
- Ninjas vs pirates, discuss… I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old who’ve seen the Ninja Turtles and now have expert “ninja skills”. So, I gotta go with ninjas.
- Autobots or Decepticons? Autobots.
- What was your favorite childhood television program? There was this show on PBS called Mathnet – loved it. Which is weird because based on that fun fact, I sort of expected to have better math skills. And I am not strong in math… like at all.
- Are you a collector of anything? Stormy Kromer caps… or maybe just SK gear in general. I mean, I am an ambassador for this hard-working, legendary brand, but my collecting of the gear began long before my ambassadorship.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? Probably a dog. How great would it be to give such great unconditional love with such genuine effortlessness? And anyone who tells you that unconditional love should be effortless for humans is full of beans, in my opinion. Love takes work, folks.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? The fairy power of making mops, brooms, and other cleaning utensils come to life and clean my house themselves. You know, like on Sleeping Beauty.
- What is usually your first thought when you wake up? Thank you Lord. Followed immediately by, first I drink the coffee, then I do the things.
- What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? My husband and I have a habit of falling asleep while watching Castle on DVD. So, I am generally thinking about who the killer is…
- What’s your favorite color? Browns. Blues. Greens. Pretty much anything earthy.
- What’s your favorite animal? This is a tough one because I am an animal lover. But if I absolutely had to pick one, it would probably be a dog on account of the unconditional love thing. (see question 8)
- Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Nope.
- Do you believe in ghosts? Yes, but I prefer to call them spirits.
- Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? I am a huge fan of the original Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo. And in the not-so-distant past, I was addicted to the game 2048. I played it constantly until I reached the goal of 2048. And then I quit. Haven’t played it since.
- If you were given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? I would become debt free, and then I would give to those in need.
- Have any bad habits? I am pretty irregular when it comes to brushing my teeth and I am a terrible housekeeper…
- Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? Open-mouth chewing and smacking.
- List 3 of your best personality traits: Confidence. Tact. Incurable optimism.
- List 3 of your worst personality traits: Forgetfullness. Distractedness. Perceived insensitivity – a.k.a. my RBF.
- Have any celebrity crushes? Umm… Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Matthew McConaughey, and Robert Redford.
- List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: I am currently working to become better at brushing my teeth (see question 18) and more expressive with my gratitude. In the area of gratitude – I am always extremely thankful, but I am lacking when it comes saying it out loud. I often just assume it’s implied, if that makes any sense.
- Any tattoos or piercings? Seven piercings – all in my ears. Three tattoos – one on my hip, one on about mid-way up my back, and one on my foot.
- What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Their manners. Good manners go a long way.
- What’s your dream date? I love any type of date where we can hang out and eat good food – even if we never leave the house.
- What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Good manners and the ability to make me laugh daily. I am happy to report that I have found both in my spouse.
- What personality traits do you dislike in other people? The inability to politely agree to disagree.
- Do you see yourself getting married in the next 5 years? Nope.
- Are you mostly a clean or messy person? I love the idea of clean, but have a hard time implementing it. Because kids at ages 5, 3, and 1. And because honestly – honestly, it is just not the priority.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I am already living there. I never want to live anywhere but good ol’ NE.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Ireland. It is just so green. And I love Irish accents. And names.
- List 5 goals on your life’s to-do list: Live a godly life. Raise my kids and grow them up to be responsible contributing members of society. Find the joy in every day. Celebrate at least 65 years of wedded bliss with my husband – this one may be completely out of my hands, but it is my goal nonetheless. And be an inspiration.
- Name 1 regret you have: I am not really big on regretting. I make mistakes, yes. But I try to learn from them and move on.
- Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: Hands down – naps.
- Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Getting to eat cereal, or any snack really, right before bed.
- What’s your favorite song of the moment? I am really digging Follow Your Arrow by Kacey Musgraves right now.
- What’s your favorite song of all time? Bohemian Rhapsody. Because who doesn’t love a little rock-opera?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? It really varies based on the Saturday. Sometimes I am old and would rather go to sleep early. And others, I feel like reliving some of my college days, staying up late and laughing with friends.
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Relax with the fam.
- Have any hidden talents? I have been told by more than one person that I have the uncanny ability to school someone in such a way that said someone will later thank me for it.
- You’re about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Spicy Shrimp Tacos from Chili’s.
- What would be your dream job? I am already living my dream job. But if I couldn’t do this, I would totally be a sea turtle washer. And yes, that is a real job.
- Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? Are you kidding me? Love.
- If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? I tried to come up with my own wishes, but I couldn’t think of anything I would want more than what Ashli came up with. So… world peace, healthy kids and family, and an auto-cleaning house.
- Ever wish you were born the opposite sex? I worked in a male dominated field, have man-hands, and a sort of boyish physique, but no. I’m pretty happy just being me.
- Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I love Jesus, but I do cuss a little.
- If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to? I love my name. But if I HAD to change it, I would probably go with Tildy or Gretchen. I don’t know why.
- Do you believe in the afterlife? You bet I do.
- How do you feel about cookies? Meh. However, milk’s favorite cookie, the Oreo, also happens to be my favorite cookie. Beyond that I enjoy lactation cookies (should I share the recipe here?) and that’s about it.
Now in taking another play out of the Baby on the Brehm play book…
Naomi at From the Corner of the Circle L
Sheila at Love, Laugh and Sweat
Brandi at Buzzard’s Beat
I am calling you out. Answer these questions if you will and post them on your respective blogs. No pressure. Just fun.
And folks, if you don’t already follow these lovely ladies, Ashli at Baby on the Brehm, or Her View From Home, I strongly encourage you to head on over and check them out. Read their stuff. Maybe give them a friendly social media follow.