Listen to Our Best Advice for Making the Most of an Internship on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Back by popular demand, I have my husband, Tom (formerly known as Mr. FFB) on the podcast again today! I received some questions regarding internships (for those who are offering internships and those who are interns as well), so we thought it would be fun to answer those and give our best advice for making the most of an internship. We’re talking about why your attitude and having an open mind as an intern matters so much, the importance of letting interns experience the variety of jobs/work during an internship, practicing humility and effective communication when you’re working with interns, and more.
We’ve learned a lot since working with interns over the last few years, and have definitely made improvements along the way. We know it can sometimes be a learning curve on both sides, but no matter what side of the internship you’re on, we hope this information is valuable for you today!
In this episode, Our Best Advice for Making the Most of an Internship, we cover:
- Our best communication tips/advice for improving your marriage
- How Tom feels about the podcast and being a ‘regular’ on the podcast
- Why your attitude + having an open mind as an intern really is everything
- Not being afraid to ask respectful and honest questions as an intern
- Why it’s necessary to let interns experience all of the jobs/work during an internship
- Practicing humility when you’re offering internships within your operation + the power of effective communication with interns
Resources & Links:
- Learn more about T’s coaching, group trainings, and self-guided learning
- Shop FFB
- Good Movement music by: Aaron Espe
- Podcast produced by: Jill Carr Podcasting
Connect with Terryn:
- Follow on Instagram @terryn.drieling
- Check out my website
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Episode 3: How Self-Awareness Has Helped Our Marriage
- Episode 4: How I Got Here – the Evolution of Good Movement
More about the Good Movement Draws Good Movement podcast:
In stockmanship (the art and science of handling cattle in a safe, effective, low-stress manner), we have this phrase . . . good movement draws good movement.
It’s this thing that happens when we ask a small group of cattle, maybe a cow, or a pair to move out in a certain direction and their movement draws the whole herd into moving in the same direction.
Good movement happens when we approach the cattle with a positive attitude, read and really listen to what they’re telling us, and communicate accordingly.
We don’t approach the aware, flighty cattle the same as we do the tame, docile cattle. We adjust ourselves, our energy, and approach, and communicate with each differently.
These adjustments help us effectively draw good movement from each, which then draws good movement from the herd. But it starts with us.
The same is true for humans. Good movement starts with us.
Welcome to Good Movement Draws Good Movement, the podcast where farmers, ranchers, and rural folks can grow relationally through awareness, understanding, and effective communication.
Hey, it’s me – T. I’m your host, and I, along with my guests, will be covering topics related to drawing good movement – things like self and social awareness, brain science, positive psychology, extending grace, and so much more.
We’ll share tools that can help you understand why you are the way you are, why others are the way they are, and how you can use that to step out of self-told lies with grace and compassion to draw good movement in conversations, relationships, and life in rural America.
Tune in every Tuesday and make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode! Let’s go draw good movement!