Listen to How I Got Here – the Evolution of Good Movement on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Today’s episode is going to be more of a story-centered one for you, and it’s definitely a good one! I’m excited to share more about how I got to where I am today – essentially, the evolution of Good Movement. I’m talking more about my upbringing in agriculture’s impact on me, what it looked like for me to step away from the career I knew and was comfortable with, why I decided to finally share more about the principles of Good Movement with others, and all of the life that happened in between.
I feel like I’ve always been living the dream (and I don’t mean that sarcastically), but my dreams have changed and evolved as I’ve gone through different seasons in life. I’ve experienced a LOT over the last few years, but ultimately, I know my dream is to help humans truly understand and communicate with their fellow humans. It’s been fun to see all of the pieces of the puzzle come together, and I’m excited for what’s ahead too!
In this episode, How I Got Here – the Evolution of Good Movement, we cover:
- My story of growing up in agriculture, and its pivotal part in not only my life, but my family’s as well
- An important lesson learned about low stress cattle handling and stockmanship I was able to implement in my career and life
- The unexpected opportunity for me to step away from the feedyard and become a stay at home mom and ranch hand
- The start of my blog, Faith, Family, and Beef + my decision to start sharing more about the principles of Good Movement
- My introduction to the Enneagram and how I began to notice that it could be a powerful catalyst for Good Movement
- Finally feeling like I was ‘in my element’ as I stepped into sharing, coaching, and even leading trainings about Good Movement
- Taking a hiatus after experiencing a major loss in my life, to eventually finding my way back and drawing good movement again
Resources & Links:
- Bud Williams
- The Road Back to You
- Learn more about T’s coaching, group trainings, and self-guided learning
- Shop FFB
- Good Movement music by: Aaron Espe
- Podcast produced by: Jill Carr Podcasting
Connect with Terryn:
- Follow on Instagram @terryn.drieling
- Check out my website
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the Good Movement Draws Good Movement podcast:
In stockmanship (the art and science of handling cattle in a safe, effective, low-stress manner), we have this phrase . . . good movement draws good movement.
It’s this thing that happens when we ask a small group of cattle, maybe a cow, or a pair to move out in a certain direction and their movement draws the whole herd into moving in the same direction.
Good movement happens when we approach the cattle with a positive attitude, read and really listen to what they’re telling us, and communicate accordingly.
We don’t approach the aware, flighty cattle the same as we do the tame, docile cattle. We adjust ourselves, our energy, and approach, and communicate with each differently.
These adjustments help us effectively draw good movement from each, which then draws good movement from the herd. But it starts with us.
The same is true for humans. Good movement starts with us.
Welcome to Good Movement Draws Good Movement, the podcast where farmers, ranchers, and rural folks can grow relationally through awareness, understanding, and effective communication.
Hey, it’s me – T. I’m your host, and I, along with my guests, will be covering topics related to drawing good movement – things like self and social awareness, brain science, positive psychology, extending grace, and so much more.
We’ll share tools that can help you understand why you are the way you are, why others are the way they are, and how you can use that to step out of self-told lies with grace and compassion to draw good movement in conversations, relationships, and life in rural America.
Tune in every Tuesday and make sure to hit subscribe so you never miss an episode! Let’s go draw good movement!
Make sure to hit subscribe/follow so you never miss an episode!