I’m on the road this week with my first Good Movement Training sessions of the year! During my first plane ride of the trip, I listened to a podcast episode a friend sent me (grateful for her) that sounded like it was recorded just for me.
In the episode the guest, Jamie Winship, said, “Your identity is your gift to the world. No one else can give the gift you can in the truth of who you are.”
He went onto say that our true identity is the God-given imprint on our souls, and we have to shed the false self and ego to access our true selves.
And man, all of that just hit because while the Enneagram is not our salvation, it can help expedite self awareness and the shedding of false self.
Discovering the true you
Jamie also said that while our identity is given to us in the womb, we don’t discover it until much later. That’s definitely been the case for me.
Knowing what I know now about myself as a type nine, I can see where that showed up in my earlier life and helped me build my false-self and identity as a way of “protecting” me. It wasn’t until I learned my type and leaned into what God said about me and the gifts He’d given me that I really discovered my true identity.
Ways to discover your type and true identity:
- If you want to take a test, you can. But don’t stop there, pick up a book and read more about each type, specifically the motivations of each type. I recommend The Road Back to You.
- Read a book. Again, I recommend The Road Back to You.
- Schedule a typing session with me.
- Pray about it. This is THE most important one. Ask God to open your eyes to who he created you to be.
If you want to learn more, you can…
- …read more about my Enneagram-driven Good Movement Training for your organization.
- …sign up for my email list. I share updates about events, more insight into programs and training, and more each week.
- …contact me directly to start a conversation.
Leave a Reply