If you will recall, I kicked off the year with a series entitled Diary of a Recovering Food Waster (DOARFW). I chronicled our struggles and successes in reducing our food waste diary style. And while I loved writing that series, I always felt like it was lacking – like something was missing. So I took some time to reflect and regroup. And today, I am introducing Food Saver Friday – a new series on reducing food waste.
Similar to DOARFW, Food Saver Fridays will…
- Bring awareness to the rampant food waste problem we have in the United States.
- Include my weekly trials and triumphs.
- Hold me accountable to my own food saving, and not wasting, goals.
Dissimilar to DOARFW, Food Saver Fridays will…
- Not be written diary style.
- Provide more actionable goals, tips, and tricks for reducing food waste including, but not limited to, meal planning, leftover makeover pairings, food storage techniques, ideas for reusing/repurposing food scraps etc.
- Answer reader questions and feature guest posts. So, if you’ve got questions regarding food waste ask them here, and I will do my best to answer them or find an expert who can. Likewise, if you are killing it in the area of food waste and would like your techniques featured in an edition of Food Saver Friday, leave a comment on this post, or share them here.
I would love for this new series to take on more of a community feel. Let’s help each other in our respective journeys to reducing food waste. Please feel free to leave comments with questions and/or tips that work in your home, and encourage others to start on a food saving journey of their own.
Next week on Food Saver Friday:
Meal planning to reduce food waste with guest blogger, Michaela Gasseling.
To stay up to date with Faith Family and Beef and never miss a Food Saver Friday, subscribe here for updates in your inbox:
Reducing food waste is such an important goal! I tend to struggle with eating up all our veggies while they’re still fresh. I’m always finding that my cucumbers get soggy before I finish eating them. 🙁
I too struggle with veggies. And you are right cucumbers seem to be the worst! Thank you for reading! Next week, the topic is meal planning, followed by the art of the leftover makeover. So, I hope that you will continue to follow this series. Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Harmony Vuycankiat says
This is a great topic to bring awareness to!
Thanks for reading, Harmony! I am pretty excited about the future of this series! Please, feel free to comeback next Friday for tips on meal planning. 🙂
Can’t wait to read this – an interesting, challenging and really important endeavor!
Thanks, Buzzard! I struggle in the area of planning, so I am really excited for this coming Friday and the guest post on meal planning!