The perfect grab-n-go snack for those who prefer their jerky more salty than sweet.
- 1 pound Ground Beef, 85/15 or leaner
- 1 tablespoon Tom’s Steak Rub, or your favorite season salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the ground beef and the steak rub in a bowl until completely combined. Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll the ground beef out super thin (1/4 inch or less). Cut the ground beef mixture into 2 1/2 inch rounds or squares.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet that has shallow sides. Evenly space the ground beef pieces on the wire rack and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours. Rotate the baking sheet, flip the jerky pieces, and continue to bake for 2 hours more.
- Remove the jerky from the oven, pat to soak up excess fat if necessary, let cool, try a few pieces (or the entire batch), and store the rest in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!