This is what happens when my Ridiculously Tasty Roast Beef and Roasted Tenderloin with Mushroom & Red Wine Sauce recipes have a baby. 😉
- 3 pound tenderloin, tied together
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients, besides the tenderloin, together in a small bowl.
- Rub the tenderloin with herb mixture on all sides. Put the tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan and roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloin from the oven when an oven-safe meat thermometer reads 135 degrees for medium rare or 145 degrees for medium.
- Transfer the tenderloin to a carving board and tent loosely with aluminum foil. For a juicy/tender slice of tenderloin, do not carve immediately. Instead, let the tenderloin stand, tented, for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Cut the tenderloin into ½ inch slices, place on a plate, serve with your choice of sides, and prepare yourself for a mouthful of flavor. Enjoy!
- This video from Martha is a great guide for tying your tenderloin. However, I do NOT recommend letting your uncooked beef come to room temperature. Ever.