A salty, tangy, crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside side dish the whole family will love.
- 1 1/4 cup Kosher salt*
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup (at least) apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil for drizzling or brushing
- Bring 2 quarts of water and salt to a boil in a medium to large stock pot. Add the potatoes and boil 20-30 minutes or until the spuds are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander until their skins are dry.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Transfer the taters to the sheet and smash to a 1/2 inch (give or take) using a flat-bottomed glass Brush the smashed spuds with vinegar, drizzle with them with olive oil, and sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Roast in a preheated 500 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes reach the desired crispiness. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and brush the spuds with vinegar once more before serving.
- Serve next to your favorite burger, steak, or ribs. Enjoy!
- *I’ve also used canning salt, like I said – adapted to what I usually have in my pantry. I have not ever used iodized salt though.
- Serving Size: 5