An easier yet equally delicious alternative to twice baked potatoes.
- 8 cups cubed raw potatoes*
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese or whatever flavor you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the potato cubes in a medium pot and cover them with cold water. Over high heat, bring them to boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and continue to boil until potatoes are soft and mashable.
- Drain the taters and return them to the pot if it is stainless steel or transfer to large mixing bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese. Mash with hand masher until fairly smooth and creamy.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a casserole dish or an oven safe baking dish. Spread the taters out evenly in the dish, and if desired, top them with more cheese… I always do. Place them in the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve up the deliciousness immediately or keep it warm until serving. Enjoy!
- *Peeled or no – the choice is yours. 😉