A breakfast option that is both blissfully delicious and packed with protein.
For the Sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground or rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the Casserole
- 4 cups hash browns
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons half ‘n’ half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice (I use a Colby Jack blend, but cheddar would be great too)
- Stir the garlic powder, onion powder, sage, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the ground beef in a large bowl; mix the seasoning into the ground beef with your hands until evenly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add the ground beef sausage to the skillet and cook until browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together in a large bowl the eggs, sour cream, half ‘n’ half, salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread the hash browns on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the hash browns. Sprinkle the browned sausage and green onion over the eggs and hash browns. Top with the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes in a 375 degree preheated oven. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown and the eggs are only slightly jiggly in the center of the pan. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it stand for 10-15 minutes to allow eggs to set.
- Serve with your choice of toppings; hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, etc. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 12