A taste bud tantalizing taco that has been described as “life-changing”.
- 1–2 pound flank or skirt steak (I use flank)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6-inch tortillas of your choice
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan, Queso Fresco, or really any cheese you like
- Pico de Gallo
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a small bowl and mix together until completely incorporated.
- Place the flank steak in a 9×13 cake pan and pour half of the the marinade over the steak, making sure the meat is evenly coated. Turn the steak over and repeat with the remaining marinade. Cover the cake pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.*
- Preheat the oven to broil. Meanwhile take the marinated steak out of the refrigerator, remove from cake pan, and place on an oven safe baking sheet.**
- For a rare to medium rare flank steak, broil the steak for 9 minutes; then turn the steak over and broil for another 9 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, loosely tent the steak with foil, and let the steak rest 10-15 minutes.
- Once rested, cut the meat into small cubes and place in a bowl. Pour any juices that may have rendered out on the baking sheet over the cubed meat.
- To assemble spread sour cream on a tortilla followed by the guacamole. Spoon meat over sour cream and guac. Top with cheese and Pico. Fold up and enjoy with your favorite side – mine is Mexican Street Corn!
- *I let my steak marinate for around 6 hours, but I would not recommend leaving it much longer than that.
- **I do not recommend using a stone baking sheet. I did the first time I made this and ended up with a shattered stone…