- 1 stick, or 8 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 1–8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2–3 tablespoons of ridiculously tasty roast beef drippings
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- Leftover ridiculously tasty roast beef slices
- 1–16 ounce package pasta – I like to use rigatoni
- In a medium sized sauce pan, over medium-high heat melt together the butter and the cream cheese, whisking almost constantly until smooth.
- Once smooth, add the garlic powder, drippings, whisk and pour in the milk until the sauce reaches the consistency you desire. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and let simmer while cooking the pasta and onions, don’t forget to give it an occasional stir.
- Here’s where is gets a little messy because there is a lot going on at once. Anyway,heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot and shimmering. Add the onions, stir to coat with oil and spread out evenly on the bottom of the skillet, stirring occasionally until the onions are caramelized to beautiful golden brown. Add the leftover roast beef to the skillet cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until the slices have been thoroughly re-heated. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to package directions. When the pasta is just about done, add the parmesan to the sauce give it a stir and remove from heat.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and serve topped with sauce and roast beef. Ridiculously Tasty Roast Beef goes fabulously with garlic focaccia bread or bread sticks.