- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 pound Bottom Round Roast
- 2– 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint canned diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2–3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over roast and massage into meat.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, place roast in Dutch oven and sear on all sides. Remove roast and place in a crockpot.
- Reduce heat and pour tomatoes into the Dutch oven, stir and scrape all the drippings from the bottom and sides of the oven. Pour drippings and tomatoes over the roast. Sprinkle the finely chopped onions and pepper and press garlic cloves over the roast. Cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-5 hours.
- Remove from crockpot and shred. Serve pretty much any way you like – as a Navajo taco, sprinkled over corn chips as nachos, on a bun as a sandwich, in a burrito, or any other delicious way you can think of.
- Serving Size: 6