- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed*
- Whisk together in a stand mixer 1/2 cup warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let the mixture stand for 5-10 minutes. Turn the mixer on low and gradually add the cup of water, remaining flour, and salt. Increase mixing speed and mix for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer off, remove dough from the mixer hook, or paddle if you don’t have a hook, and add the cubed butter. Turn the mixer back on to low and gradually increase speed to high, mixing until the butter is completely incorporated into the dough.
- Take the dough out of the stand mixer and place in a large mixing bowl. Gently knead until the dough becomes smooth. Form the dough into a ball, put in a warm location, and let the dough rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, form into whatever shape you desire, place on a baking sheet or loaf pan, and let rise another 20-30 minutes. Place in a 375 degree, pre-heated oven and bake for 17 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet, or loaf pan, from the oven and let the rolls, buns, or loaf cool. Slice and serve as desired.**
- * Don’t skimp – use real butter!
- *** You can also serve as soon as they are cool enough to handle, as they are pretty darn tasty served warm