A one pot supper solution that’s sure to satisfy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pint canned tomatoes
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces (around 2 ½ cups) rotini
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 generous cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Shredded Colby Jack
- Chopped green onion
- Hot sauce
- Diced tomato
- In a large skillet (I used my “big daddy” 12 inch skillet), heat oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add the onion and garlic, sauté until onion is fragrant and begins to turn transparent. Add the ground beef to the skillet, break up into small pieces and brown for about 10 minutes or until the ground beef is no longer pink. Once ground beef is thoroughly cooked drain* and return to skillet.
- To the ground beef mixture, add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and dried oregano, give it a stir until the ground beef is evenly coated. Then pour in the tomatoes, black beans, green chiles, and chicken broth, and bring to a simmer. Add the rotini, reduce heat, cover, and cook 12-15 minutes or until rotini is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rotini is cooked, remove the skillet from heat, and stir in sour cream and cheese until evenly mixed. Serve immediately topped with any of the optional toppings. I used additional cheese, hot sauce, green onion, and avocado…. YUM!
- *I actually don’t drain my ground beef. I use a couple of paper towels to soak up excess grease. It makes for easier clean up and my beef never has to leave the skillet.
- Serving Size: 5