- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups rice of your choice, cooked
- 1–15 ounce can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the onion, garlic, and bell pepper in the hot skillet and sauté until the onion becomes fragrant and begins to turn transparent.
- Add the ground beef to the mixture and cook together until the ground beef is cooked through completely. Drain the mixture, reduce heat, and return the mixture to the skillet.
- Add the rice and tomato sauce to the skillet and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat, top the contents with mozzarella, cover, and let stand until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.