A quick and easy recipe that has stood the test of time and even made it onto my recipe playlist. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 24 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 quart whole canned tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 4 ounces canned mushroom pieces and stems, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground beef to the skillet, cook thoroughly, remove from heat, and drain.
- Meanwhile, cook in a stockpot macaroni according to package directions. Drain macaroni, rinse with cold water, and return to pot over low heat. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, and ground beef mixture to the macaroni. Season the goulash with salt and pepper to taste, and heat through.
- Serve immediately, plain or really jazz it up and make it your own with sour cream, shredded cheese, or any number of other optional toppings.