An entree that is as flavorful as it is versatile!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pound Chuck Roast (other roast cuts work well too, Chuck is just what I used)
- Olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over roast and massage into meat.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, place roast in Dutch oven and sear on all sides. Remove roast and place in a crockpot.
- Reduce heat and pour broth into the Dutch oven, stir and scrape all the drippings from the bottom and sides of the oven. Pour drippings and broth over the roast, press garlic cloves over the roast, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
- Remove from crockpot and shred. Serve on buns topped with BBQ sauce, or in a tortilla with salsa and all the fixings.