- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1–28 ounce can Country Style Baked Beans with Bacon, or pork and beans
- 1–15 ounce can of chili beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes transparent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown ground beef. When ground beef is thoroughly cooked, drain, and return to the skillet. Add onion and garlic mixture, baked beans, chili beans, chili powder, and brown sugar. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately over bread or with a tortilla.