- 2 jalapenos
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half making 6 small slices
- 1 pound ground beef
- Jerk seasoning
- 1 small pineapple, sliced (you will have a few more slices than what you need)
- Slices cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Cut the tops off of the jalapenos and place on an oven safe baking sheet (I use stoneware). Broil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally until the skin is charred on all sides. Remove the peppers from oven, place in a bowl, and let cool. Once the peppers are cool enough to handle slice, return to bowl, set aside and keep warm.
- After peppers have been removed, immediately place bacon on the same baking sheet. Turn off broiler and the oven on to 375 degrees. Put the baking sheet back in the oven and cook until the bacon is done to your desired crispiness. Once the bacon is done, remove it from the oven and place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat the grill with medium-high heat for 10 minutes.*
- Divide ground beef mixture into 3 equal parts and shape into patties. Season both sides of the burger with salt and Jerk seasoning.
- Place patties onto hot grill, cook for 3 minutes* each side. Use a meat thermometer to make sure the burgers reach a safe and savory internal temperature of 160 degrees. If the burgers have not reached that safe and savory internal temperature, move them to indirect heat and continue to cook, flipping every couple of minutes until they hit that 160 mark. Turn the burners off and place one slice of cheddar cheese on each patty, close the lid for a few minutes. Remove the patties from grill when cheese begins to melt.
- While the burgers are finishing up over indirect heat, place all the slices of pineapple on the grill over the burners that are still one. Cook until the pineapple is heated through and you have nice grill marks on your slices. The slices you don’t use for the burgers make an excellent side dish.
- Brush the inside of the buns with olive oil. Place the buns, inside down, on the grill and toast lightly.
- Assemble by placing the cheese covered burger on the bottom bun, followed by two slices of bacon, and then the grilled pineapple. Top with sliced jalapenos, add the top bun and enjoy!
- *Cooking temperatures and times are based on a gas grill.