- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2–3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add peppers and onions, sauté until onions become transparent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add ground beef to skillet cook thoroughly. Drain meat, reduce heat, and return to skillet. Add peppers and onions back to skillet. Season mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Pour pasta sauce into skillet and stir until combined. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti to al dente. Drain pasta and add cream cheese, garlic, and oregano. Gently mix until all of the cream cheese is melted and spaghetti is coated.
- Place spaghetti in an oven safe casserole dish, distribute evenly across the bottom. Spread meat sauce over spaghetti, top with mozzarella, cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.