- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1–4 ounce can of mushrooms, divided (1–2 ounces finely chopped, 2 ounces pieces and stems)
- 1–10.5 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup milk
- 1–12 ounce package egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream, or more if desired
- Mix ground beef, crackers*, salt, pepper, onion, finely chopped mushrooms, and egg. Shape into one-inch balls.
- Heat a large skillet medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the meatballs and brown on all sides. Drain the meatballs if necessary and return to the skillet, reducing the heat to medium.
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk, mix well. Pour the mixture over the meatballs and add the remaining mushroom pieces and stems. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the noodles to the meatballs. Add the sour cream to the skillet, toss, and serve seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- *One time, I ran out of saltines and subbed in Ritz crackers – the meatballs turned out equally as delicious.