- 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pound Sirloin Tip Roast, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups beef stock or water
- Heat oil, in a Dutch oven or large skillet, over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil until it sizzles when a drop of water is added.
- Once the oil is hot, set the roast in the pot and sear 1 to 2 minutes on all sides. Once seared, remove meat and place in a 5 quart Crock-pot.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix, ranch dressing mix and brown gravy mix over the roast, covering the meat with seasoning. Next add the potatoes, packing them in around the roast. Place the carrots on top of the potatoes around the roast. Pour beef stock over roast and vegetables. Cook in Crock-pot for about 6 to 8 hours on low or about 4 hours on high.
- Remove meat and vegetables from Crock-pot. For added flavor, serve with beef stock mixture from the Crock-pot poured over the top.
Cooking times may vary.
Servings based on a half a pound of roast per person.
Keep scrolling to find out the exact products I use to prepare this beefy deliciousness.