- 2 cups leftover roast drippings
- 1 pound leftover roast, shredded
- 2 cups cold beef stock, divided
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6–8 medium to large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Cherry tomatoes or diced tomato
- In a saucepan, bring roast drippings and 1 1/2 cups of beef stock to a simmer over medium heat.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup of beef stock into a glass measuring cup or bowl. Add flour to the stock and whisk together until smooth.
- Add beef stock/flour mixture to the saucepan, whisking as you pour to prevent clumps from forming. Stir continuously at a simmer until gravy thickens. Add leftover roast to gravy; reduce to low heat and stir occasionally.
- Put potatoes in a stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to boil over high heat. Boil until potatoes are soft and mashable.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to mixing bowl and add milk and butter. Mash with hand masher or electric mixer until smooth and creamy, for extra creaminess more milk can be added.
- Using a large serving spoon, spoon desired about of mashed potatoes into serving bowls. Pour a ladle full of beefy brown gravy over the potatoes, sprinkle with cheese and top with a dollop of sour cream. Add one cherry tomato or a few pieces of diced tomato and enjoy!