I don’t always make Bloody Mary’s – but when I do, they’re the best ever.
But really – this mix is SO good. And what’s even better is that it’s great as a traditional Bloody Mary with vodka, the red in a red beer, or a stand alone flavorful non-alcoholic beverage.
Shortly after my mom broke into her first bottle of Tom’s Steak Rub, she told me how good it was in a red beer. If you haven’t heard of Tom’s Steak Rub, let me tell you – this steak rub is so good on so many things. It’s literally complimented everything that we’ve tried it on. And it can be purchased right here in Shop FFB.
That little tidbit from my mom got my wheels turning and the idea for The Best Bloody Mary I’ve Ever Made was born. Thanks, Mom!
Don’t forget the rules of food safety! Here is the short list:
- Always wash your hands before and after handling raw meat.
- Never thaw meat on the counter – instead thaw in the refrigerator, microwave or cool water bath.
- Always wash cutting boards and plates after having been in contact with raw meat.
- Always cook to appropriate internal temperatures. Safe internal temperatures vary based on cut. Hamburger must reach a safe and savory 160 degrees, while steak is safe at 140 degrees.
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tom's Steak Rub
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Cholula Hot Sauce, to taste
- 1 ounce vodka, 12 ounces beer, or neither if you prefer a non-alcoholic drink
- Dill pickle
- Pickled okra
- Celery Stalk
- Mix the tomato juice, steak rub, horseradish, soy sauce, and hot sauce together in a measuring cup. I don't have a drink shaker, but if you do feel free to do this in your shaker.
- If it's a classic Bloody Mary you're after, pour the mix into a glass over ice, add the vodka, toss in the garnish, and give it a stir.
- If you're more of red beer connoisseur, pour the mix into a frosty mug, carefully pour in your beer of choice, gently stir, and add garnish.
- If you're not into either, but think this mix sounds delish - feel free to pour into a glass over ice, add garnish of choice, and drink sans alcohol.